Customer Success Stories
Don’t take our word for it, see how companies ranging from start-ups through to established businesses use aperio’s services to help them grow.
Naturespharm is an Irish company which manufactures organic flavoured green tea for the Irish and international export markets. Sean McCarthy as a holistic herbalist and a member of the International Register of Consultant Herbalists & Homeopaths wanted to establish a company which would help people to be healthier, feel and look better while using dietary supplements derived only from natural ingredients.
Sean was seeking to grow his business, but needed to get control of his company finances and access to real-time performance information to do so. He was faced with the choice of either hiring separate staff or providers to help him with bookkeeping, finance system setup and accounting and compliance or to get all those services together from one partner – aperio.
The best accounting service I have ever used. When I started, I saw aperio as a way of setting up all the right financial infrastructure, but it has turned out to be a far more encompassing service thanks to their advice on labour and more importantly time saving software. The software packages that they have pointed me to have all been so easy to use.
Sean McCarthy, Naturespharm
MANAGED FINANCE SERVICE
Optimised and effective processes, cloud based IT systems, back office support and hands on financial management has enabled the Naturespharm team to focus on expanding into new retail channels and markets accelerating the growth of the company.
Building foundation for future growth
Following an initial consultation, aperio was hired to establish operational, financial, and reporting infrastructure. The whole project took 4 weeks and in that time, aperio:
- Setup the financial and operational framework and processes for the new business including the implementation of cloud based accounting software with automated bank feeds and business support apps
- Assisted with business strategy, market analysis and product pricing
- Provided on-site training on new systems and processes
On-going Financial Management
aperio now acts as Naturespharm outsourced finance department with a dedicated financial controller, providing:
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and accounts payable reconciliation
- Credit control management
- Bank reconciliation and payments
- Management reporting
- Statutory compliance and taxation
- Business review meetings with Naturespharm management
- aperio acts as third-party point of contact for all Naturespharm’s finance related matters including the Revenue, CRO, bank, suppliers, and customers.
- Peace of mind and time to focus on business development
- Timely and accurate information allowing informed decision making and taking instant action if variances are beyond agreed targets
- Excellent credit control management, keeping debtors at an average of 30 days and minimising bad debts
- Proper cashflow management
- Prompt month end closure – providing up to date visibility on business performance
- Access to a dedicated financial controller to support decision making