Customer Success Stories
Don’t take our word for it, see how companies ranging from start-ups through to established businesses use aperio’s services to help them grow.
Technically Write IT delivers user-friendly documentation that gets your message right, reduces human error and is easy to understand by the target audience. The company works with multi-national clients including SAP, Intel, Janssen, and SME clients involved in software and hi-tech product development on deliverables such as guides, user manuals, online help, training material and e-learning.
Technically Write IT grew rapidly over the last 5 years doubling its workforce and client base. The business faced a major scaling challenge and needed to deploy and run new financial, project management and billing processes to match the company’s development quickly and effectively.
aperio’s Managed Finance service supports Technically Write IT’s rapidly growing business. Delivering a finance department through online technology which cuts costs, reduces administration and provides the key financial insights required to grow the business profitably into the future.
Patrice Fanning, Founder of Technically Write It
MANAGED FINANCE SERVICE
Initially aperio worked with TWI’s management to deploy aperio’s Managed Finance service across the expanding business within 6 weeks. This service is designed to offer clients a fully outsourced finance function delivered through online technology which can scale in line with business growth.
Key elements of the solution included:
- A detailed review of TWI’s pre-existing systems and processes to determine the level of change required and how best to implement the new service
- The design and implementation of new finance and operational processes
- The setup and management of integrated online systems to manage the company’s finances, time and project management and customer relationships
- The delivery of systems training to all employees and contractors based around the world
- Weekly business review meetings with TWI’s management to provide business performance reviews and support in decision making
Partner for Growth
For the past 5 years aperio has acted as TWI’s outsourced finance department with a dedicated Finance Director working with the business as a member of the management team. aperio staff have also provided specific project and operational expertise to the TWI team as required. These include business improvement projects, strategy development, advanced reporting and recruitment support.
Over the last 5 years aperio has helped TWI to deliver many specific operational changes and strategic initiatives including:
- Supporting the implementation of HRM policies and procedures encompassing salary benchmarking and negotiations, contract reviews and employee benefits across the company’s staff
- Technology project support to generate the requirements for and run a tender process to identify an IT solution provider
- The development of a standardised pricing structure for the business
- Assistance in developing a 3-year strategic development plan for the business
- Assistance in grant applications and on-going engagement with Enterprise Ireland
- Assistance with policies and procedures to obtain ISO certification
- Dramatically improved cash flows through standardised timesheet, approval and invoicing processes reducing the debtors’ collection period by 14 days
- Reliable and timely finance information
- Increased profitability through enhanced cost controls and in-depth pricing reviews
- Security and confidence in terms of company investments, financial decision making and compliance
- More scalable business operations with simple, robust processes and reduced administration for the company’s management and staff
- The peace of mind provided by having a dedicated finance team, which is integral to the company’s management